Modern Herb Shop Shipping FAQ
We offer the shipping services of U.S. Postal Service (USPS), and FedEx.
Every effort is made to process and ship (deliver to the carrier) within 24 hours, Monday - Friday and Saturday morning. Orders received after 12 noon PST will be shipped the next business day.
All packages ship from California. Your order delivery time is based upon the date it leaves our facility and
not the order date
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the global pandemic, ALL shipping carriers are experiencing service delays. Please be patient if your package takes longer than the usual time to arrive.
We make every effort to keep items in stock and prevent back orders. In the event a part of your order is not in stock, we will either refund your money or ship the rest of your order when the item arrives, with no further charge to you for additional shipping or handling.
U.S.P.S. is our primary mail carrier. We also offer services through U.P.S., FedEX, and DHL to accommodate all domestic and global shipping. You will be given a shipping notice with a tracking number via email the moment your shipping label is printed.
Note: from time to time carriers fail to scan items when received. We will do our best to determine where your item is, however, once it leaves our warehouse, we are limited to the ability of the shipping carrier.
Insurance and Liability
Once a package leaves our facility we are no longer liable for where your package ends up. Liability falls on the mail carrier at this point in time. USPS First Class and First Class International mail does not come with insurance. If a package is lost using first class mail, no insurance claim can be filed. We strongly recommend choosing Priority or Priority Express if you are worried about a lost package (porch pirates, apartment building mishaps, etc) and ask for a signature to be required for delivery.
Domestic Shipping (U.S.A. + territories) Options
Weight-Based Flat Rate USPS Priority Mail Shipping: Up to 1 lb $6.95; 2-4 lbs $7.50
- ships via USPS Priority Mail
- There is no order minimum.
- Applies to domestic U.S. addresses only (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico).
- Over 4 pounds & certain excluded items- regular shipping rates apply
- Total order amount must be $49 or more before taxes and after discounts are applied. Occasional special sales may drop the $49 minimum to other amounts. The same rules will apply.
- Does not include international addresses.
- Orders over $49 that are shipped to addresses in the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico) qualify for free shipping (our choice of carriers). NOTE: USPS First Class Mail is our default for all free shipping packages under 1 pound.
- If your order contains items ineligible for free shipping, you will be charged shipping fees for your entire order, regardless of minimum price. If most of your order contains free-shipping qualified items and will meet the $49 minimum, we recommend that you place two separate orders, one that includes the free shipping eligible items and the other that includes those items not eligible for free shipping.
- All U.S. military addresses receive free USPS Priority Mail shipping (no minimum order). CURRENTLY SUSPENDED BY USPS
We reserve the right to change or cancel the Free Shipping service at any time.
Domestic (U.S.) Shipping Options: United States Postal Service (USPS)-
Domestic (U.S.) Shipping Options: FedEx-
- USPS First class mail is available for packages weighing 15oz or less.
- USPS 1-3 Day Priority Mail (no money-back guarantee for late delivery)
- USPS Express Mail is usually 1-2 days, starting from the date your package is shipped, not from your order date. Money-back guarantee (your postage only, not your entire order!) provided for late delivery, based upon the tracking information provided by USPS. A signature will be required unless you explicitly waive this in the order notes. Your order must be submitted before 12:00 p.m. PST for same day shipping.
- If you have concerns about delivery to your address, ask for a signature to be required for delivery.
- FedEx Ground (Business Delivery) 1-7 business days
- FedEx Ground (Home Delivery) 1-7 business days
- FedEx Express Saver: delivery by 4:30 p.m. in 3 business days to most areas, by 8 p.m. to residences.
- FedEx Standard Overnight Your order must be submitted before 12:00 pm PST for same day shipping. Not available for Saturday or Sunday delivery. Orders placed on Friday after 12:00 pm PST will not ship until Monday, for a Tuesday delivery. Overnight guarantee applies to the date your package is shipped and not to the date we received your order.
Non-Delivery of Items/Lost Shipments/Late DeliveryAll
packages have a postal service tracking number assigned. (See below for restrictions regarding First Class Mail International.)
We are not
responsible for packages once a delivery attempt has been made. We will
make every effort to assist you in tracking a lost package, but cannot
be held responsible for non-delivery once a delivery attempt has been made or if the postal service says the package was delivered yet you did not receive it.
We are not responsible for late delivery regardless of your choice of delivery service. Only USPS Priority Express Mail comes with a delivery date guarantee (see the USPS website for specific details); Priority (2-3 day) and First Class Mail do not. The delivery days are estimates only. If your Express Mail package is delivered late, we will facilitate a refund of your postage cost only.
For international orders, we are not responsible for lost orders or those orders held or
confiscated by customs in any country.
All original shipping charges and return
shipping charges are non-refundable in the event that your shipment is
returned to us for any reason, even if you received "free shipping" when you placed your order.
International Shipping Options - May be limited- check to see if your country is available. Global disruption to shipping services may cause significant delays.
The Modern Herb Shop ships worldwide. Please read this entire article so that your order will not be delayed. If your country is not listed in the country listing on the shipping page, you may send us an email to inquire whether we will add it. Some countries are not listed due to restrictive import rules and/or current worldwide shipping restrictions.International Shipping Options: United States Postal Service
Please note: Tracking may not be provided once your package leaves the U.S. and NO REFUNDS are given for lost or damaged packages.
- U.S.P.S. First Class Mail International: basic service for merchandise up to 4 pounds. This is the least expensive shipping method and also the slowest. Arrival time can be 10 days to 3 weeks depending upon destination and time through Customs.
- U.S.P.S. Priority Mail International: Usually 6-10 business days.
- U.S.P.S. Express Mail International: reliable, expedited service. Usually 3-5 business days.
International Shipping Terms and Conditions
Your Billing address must match the Billing address of the credit card you are using for your order. We do not ship to P.O. Boxes internationally.
International Shipping Fees, Import Duties and Taxes
The customer is solely responsible for all duties and taxes.
- The Modern Herb Shop does not pay Import Duties or Taxes. No refunds are given if you refuse your package and it is not returned to us in good condition.
- The customer is responsible for any extra charges that are incurred such as: customs' fees or import duties and taxes which are levied once a shipment reaches your country.
- The Modern Herb Shop has no knowledge of duty rates/taxes or the import laws for any individual country. It is the customer's responsibility to know whether the products they have ordered from The Modern Herb Shop are able to be imported to his/her country.
- We are not responsible for lost packages, regardless of your shipping method. We will make every effort to assist you in tracking the package, but our resources are limited once the package leaves the U.S.A.
Your Country's Custom and Import Policies
It is important for you to become familiar with the Customs policies for your country before ordering. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our products. Customs regulations vary greatly by country and lack of knowledge regarding the customs rules governing the country you are importing to can result in your order incurring import duties, the delivery being delayed or returned to us.
- The customer is considered the importer and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Modern Herb Shop is not responsible for orders held or
confiscated by customs in any country. All original shipping charges and return
shipping charges are non-refundable in the event that your shipment is
returned to us for any reason.
- Any fees charged to The Modern Herb Shop due to non-compliance by the customer of your country's laws and regulations will be charged to the customer. If any items are returned to us due to non-compliance issues with your country's laws and regulations, a refund will be issued for the merchandise only, less 20 percent of the value of your order as the re-stocking fee, and any other charges incurred such as quarantine fees, shipping fees or warehousing fees assessed by the customs in your country.
Read our Return Policy here.
If you have a question that is not covered in this FAQ, please email us at Support@ModernHerbShop.com or use our Contact Us form.