Alternative Healing: Traditional Solutions for the Modern Body
thousands of years of history, the Chinese created a complex system of
medicine. Although different from the Eastern medicine Americans are
used to experiencing, Chinese medicine is proven to be extremely
effective. The Modern Herb Shop provides a range of tried and true
Chinese remedies as well as some remedies made from essential oils and organically grown North American herbs.
Our knowledge base contains many articles, both general and specific to help you better understand Chinese medicine, how it works, and why you should use it.
- Some Chinese patent remedies have been around for a hundred years or more - all with years of proven effectiveness
- Liniments and oils will ease the aches and pains of sore muscles, tendons, and sinews
- Patches and plasters penetrate deeply for strong relief
- Herbal Soaks aid healing of more serious injuries
- The Modern Herb Shop's home made remedies are prepared in small batches and fresh and potent!
Written by David Bock, A Guide to Chinese Martial Arts Herbal Trauma Formulas is an excellent layperson's guide to formulas useful for martial artists, weekend athletes, or anyone who exercises. Part I is an Introduction to Categories of Herbal Medicines. Part II reviews Herbal Medicines Grouped by Type.
This Herbal Product Guide
describes how popular products are used and will assist you with
selecting the correct product for your condition. For more specific
information regarding the different stages of traumatic injuries, see
the guide at the bottom of this page.
Basic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine and their relationship to Dietary Therapy are described in this article.
This article about Food Energetics
is a chart of various foods and their taste, energy, meridian
propensity and effect in the body from the Chinese dietary theory
discusses how Chinese Medicine is used to treat food allergies.
Click HERE to see a list of all our knowledge-base articles.